As suggested by the name the objective is usually to escape a fictional room or place. These cooperative board games are great fun so get your thinking cap on!
Escape Room (or Exit Game) board games are inspired by real-life escape rooms and, further back, even haunted houses and scavenger hunts. Most games are card based and some use objects and mobile apps to complete challenges to unlock and progress the game.
The games are usually set in fictional locations like enchanted forests, prison cells and moving trains where 1-6 players work together to get out within the given time frame.
We are particular fans of the Unlock! escape room games! They offer plenty of choices for escape adventures, with 3 games in each box:
- Insert Coin – Beat all the levels in this virtual adventure. Escape or it’s Game Over!
- Sherlock Holmes – The master of detectives has a peculiar case ahead of him. Can you help him find his way through this investigation?
- In Pursuit of the White Rabbit – Discover Wonderland and all its strange inhabitants. Hurry, Alice is running out of time!
- The Seventh Screening – Grab your popcorn! Tonight, the horror movie “The Werewolf’s Final Night” premieres. Will you get through unharmed?
- The Dragon’s Seven Tests – The Gold Dragons temple welcomes every seven years new disciples. Be worthy of Mater Li’s teachings.
- Mission #07 – EAGLE, the secret organization has been infiltrated. Agents, it’s up to you to identify the mole!
- The Night of The Boogeymen – The Boogeymen have invaded William’s dreams! Unite your forces to chase them and soothe the little boy.
- Scheherazade’s Last Tale – The ultimate tale of the Arabian Nights. The sultan is going to sentence Scheherazade to death. Fly to her rescue!
- Expedition: Challenger – Explore a valley full of dinosaurs and save the members of Professor Challenger’s latest expedition!
- The Noside Show – The Diosen Circus is coming to town but Professor Noside has prepared a great sabotage act! Stop him. The show must go on!
- Arsène Lupin and the Great White Diamond – Experience a jewel race in the early 20th century Paris and take up the challenge of Arsène Lupin.
- Lost in the ChronoWarp – Professor Alcibiades Tempus’ time machine works erratically. You must return the timeline to normal!
- The House on the Hill – What’s going on in this run-down manor? Explore the sinister pieces and foil the curse that haunts this desolate place.
- The Nautilus’ Traps – Attacked by a sea monster during a dive, you seek shelter by opening a hatch in an old submarine. Find a way back to the surface!
- The Tonipal’s Treasure – Captain Smith hid his treasure on Tonipal Island. Unravel the mystery before Johnson, another treasure hunter, beats you to it!
- The Formula – Enter a secret laboratory to recover a mysterious serum that has been developed by a scientist. Will you solve all the riddles and get out in less than an hour?
- Squeek & Sausage – Challenge the pls of infamous Professor Nosideon this cartoon adventure.
- The Island of Doctor Goorse – Visit the island of an eccentric billionaire collector of antiques and triumph over his traps.
Each of these Unlock! games are two credits so you could hire 2 boxes (6 games) at the same time! If that feels like too much escape-ism you can also combine one box with another 2-credit game or two mini 1-credit games – plenty of options!
If you love solving puzzles and working as a team, give the Unlock! escape room games a go – you won’t regret it!